Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Is this a sickness???


So most of you know that there are 2 things about me that will never change..... #1: I am daddy's little girl and #2: I am an avid Barbie Collector. Now what happens when you put those 2 things together?? A VERY happy daughter! Let me explain. My daddy works at night cleaning up construction sites, which if you have never done it or seen it done it is very physical work. My dad is not the most slender of guys so it takes a toll on his body. He also has MAJOR back problems but that doesn't stop him. So from his full-time job he gets paid the first of every month which totally stinks and then he gets paid from this nighttime gig every other week. And so he has gone and bought himself and my mommy some fun things that otherwise they wouldn't have bought without this job. OH and we are a family that is addicted to EBAY also. So lately, my dad has been on EBAY quite often and won't let us look at his account, where as before he would always tell me to get on and see if he has been outbid. Anyway, to make this post short my dad has been fueling my sickness of Barbie collecting like no other. I also got my sister into collecting but not as much as me so he has bought her a few just to be fair. Anyway, so in the last month my dad has bought me 7 new Barbie's! With his hard earned money from that second job. There is a gun that he wants (which BTW, guns are my second collecting sickness) but instead of buying it for himself he has gone and bought these dolls for me and my sister. Above you will see my 2 recent Barbie's from the Grease series. I have one more on the way that is Frenchy and I already have a Sandy doll. (There are 4 more in this same series that I will also have one day) and then he bought me the Queen of Hearts Barbie from the children's storybook series (which I have almost all of that series now) and A Spain Barbie from the Barbie's of the World collection. I haven't counted my collection for a while, but the last I remember I had over 250 and I have received a lot since then and now I am sure I have close to 300. So if any of you reading this have dolls that you don't want anymore or know anyone that wants to get rid of their collection, let me know. I have had many dolls given to me to help with my collection and I am always open to take more. I still have every Barbie that I have ever owned and most of them still in their boxes, and those who are out of their boxes are in their clothes that they came with and their hair is pretty decent too because I took care of my dolls. And when we get into our house, you are all more than welcome to come and see my Barbie Room.... Kevin is not excited about that, but they are my passion and I can't wait for my little girl to take on "the sickness" as my family calls it. So thanks DADDY!! and I love you very much and ONE day I will get you a gun! (or as my mom says, I could sell some of my Barbie's and be able to buy him one... ha ha, fat chance)

3 comments:

Dustin, Joni & Brighton said...

Hey, you and Katie have the same "Sickness" except Jedd cut all their hair off her barbies when he was little! Damn little brothers!!

The Stephensen's said...

Look at you changing it up on your own! I are so proud of you, You Big Gurl! hahahahahaha PS. if its a sickness then count me in.

Kami (tayo) said...

You will have to come see...no touchie...Amanda's Barbi Hallmark Ornament collection! My Aunt has an addiction to Hallmark ornaments. She has never had children of her own and has always bought us ornaments since the beginning of time. Upon Amanda's first Christmas my Aunt gave her a rubbermaid box full of ALL the Barbi ornaments that had been made. She has given her atleast one every year since then. They are amazing! Do you have them? It's hard for Amanda though because she wants to play with them. I think this year I will do her own tree in her room with all her Barbi ornaments! Fun, fun!