Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, March 2, 2009

Really? I'm 29?

Well another year has come and gone. I just can't believe that I am 29! Where has the time gone? My birthday was a busy day. We had Kevin's step brother with us for the weekend, my brother Randy and Vicki came to town, and my sister Raelyn was getting back from Kentucky. It was a busy day. We had taco salads for dinner... yummy... then we had Kevin's family and my family over for cake and ice cream. It was a good time. Mom and Raelyn made the best cake called "death by chocolate"... WOWZA'S, it was fab. I got some pretty decent presents too. I didn't get a Barbie, so now I have to go buy my own.
Kevin bought me my BIG GAME HUNTING LICENSE!!! YAY!!! I have had my blue card for 4 years now and I have wanted to go every year but something has come up. Well not this year. I am going with my dad and brothers. (Kevin lost his blue card so he can't hunt this year)
My sister bought me a mirror from RC Willey's (which you should all go on their website and look at the discount section. This mirror was regularly either $300 or $500 and we got it for... $9.99!! Yes, you read that correctly. They have major things on sale there. She also bought me the new Anita Stansfield book "Winds of Hope". I got the first 2 for Christmas from my mom and I just found out there is a 4th book coming out too!! YES!! Anyway, she is also buying me a belt which I am in desperate need of.
Randy and Vicki gave me a gift card to dinner, mmmm.
Then Kevin's family game me some moola so I can go buy me some running shoes. I will announce it right here that I am going to run a 5k on Memorial Day in Syracuse! That's right folks, I am gonna be a runner, but only for a short time. I have always wanted to run a 5k and now I am going to. I am a little nervous, but thanks to a couple of friends suggestions (Tori and Jane) I think I can train to do it right. I don't have any desire like Jennie and Tyson to run 26 miles... Eck, so I will be content with the 5k. Plus, I really need to get back into shape so this will be a double bonus.
Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I will be expecting your gifts in the mail.



MO and Holly made me some cute blocks that say Family on the front and Friend on the back. They are purdy talented.

Mom and dad got me a new skirt for church and an adorable angel that is holding a baby. I love it.

Running Shoes

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

It sounds like you had a fun day! I am so glad. We are only 29 once (well, truthfully anyway!). Good luck with your training! You will do awesome.

Amateur Steph said...

Happy Birthday Robyn! We came over yesterday but you were gone to pick up Raelyn.
Hey, I'm confused about the points. Didn't you guys get 14 last week? It goes Wed-Wed., so don't give up yet. Plus, I'm going to do some bonus weeks so hopefully we can do some catchup.