Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, May 4, 2009

It's official!! I'm a military wife!



Friday morning Kevin had to be in Bountiful around 5:15 to head to Salt Lake with SFC Keegan to finish up some paperwork and have his security clearance interview. I left our house around 8, headed to Draper to watch him be sworn in. Well SFC Keegan text me around 9:30 and said that he still wasn't finished yet. So off to IKEA (for the second time this week, note to everyone, DO NOT attempt IKEA with yourself and a 9 1/2 month old who is teething and doesn't want to be in a stroller). Anyway, so I am shopping my little heart away when they call and say to head on over to the National Guard headquarters. So we get there and we walk into this building that is very deceiving from the outside. If you don't know the building I am talking about it is on the East side of the Freeway just before Bangerter with the jet on a stick in front.
Anyway, so we go in and they take Kevin down to get his uniform and then back down to the offices.
So we go in and talk about his contract and things and then they take us back out into the lobby and that is where they swear you in. I had mixed emotions while they were doing this, but the end result was PROUD! It does my heart good to see Kevin in his uniform.
After that we went back into the room to finish some paperwork and in walks Mike... the reason for all of this... sorry you had to miss the swearing in Mike! Anyway, then SFC Keegan took us all to lunch and we talked for a while longer about the upcoming events which are....

Kevin leaves to Boot Camp on Sept 22nd. He actually leaves the 21st to stay overnight in SLC and then leaves the next day. He will be in Ft Jackson, South Carolina for 10 weeks. Then he will head to either Ft Huachuca, AZ for 17 weeks to learn his MOS (Human Intelligence Collector) or Monterrey, CA for 63 weeks to learn his language (which is Arabic). So we will be gone for a while. Me and Ash don't get to go to South Carolina with him, until he graduates, but we will be in AZ and Cali with him. I am so excited to move but at the same time it will kill me to leave OUR families and friends. In case you are wondering about driving out to visit us, both AZ and CA are 13 hours from my house.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who is supporting us in this adventure. We are excited to see where this will take us. I am excited to have the benefits and hopefully be able to have the so needed surgery on my hands! It has been long overdue.

Thanks again to Runs Fast (Mike) & Ari, about talking to us about this. I hope our bonus for you will come in handy for that little princess you are waiting for. And if you get Abeni while we are gone, you WILL come and bring her to visit us!

And thanks to Holy Smoke in Layton, where all of this started... and your great food!

6 comments:

The Smiths said...

Congrats...That is pretty cool. I love new adventures like this.

Mel said...

COOL!! Congrats!:)

Jennifer and Jameson said...

Wow congratulations! I hope that everything goes good. It definitely sounds like an adventure for you guys. That's sad that you're moving but sometimes that could be a really good thing too. Some days I want to move!!

Amy said...

Hey! I just found your blog on Google and wanted to say Welcome to our club! haha. If you need anything, just let me know.

Lucky Mama said...

Ok cheesy Ari has tears in her eyes reading this post!!!! I am so excited for you guys. Thanks for letting us share a part of your journey. And you know we expect you to meet Abeni.

Bonnie said...

Wow that's quite an adventure. Good luck with everything!!