Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Friday, July 11, 2008

"I hate goodbye's"

So today, Dizel & AH (my brother Randy & his wife Holly) leave to start their new life in Elko, Nevada. This was something that they sprung on us about 6 weeks ago, and I can't believe that the time is already here. Randy got a job offer at the second largest gold mine in the world as a mechanic and he just couldn't pass it up. The pay is much better (because it's not in Utah), the benefits are unbelievable and well I just hope that it works out for them.
Last night, we had a birthday/going away party for them and it was hard. Yesterday was Pa's birthday (my daddy), and Wyatt's is on Tuesday and Randy's is on the 21st, and then with them leaving today it all just sort of worked out. We had a delicious dinner and some fabulous dessert... but when it came time to say goodbye, there was no holding back the tears. It made me think back to when me & Kevin moved to St. George. I had never lived away from family (even extended family all lived within 10 - 15 mintues of each other) so me moving to St. George was difficult to say the least. I had no family and Kevin had all of his dad's to lean on down there. But with Dizel & AH, neither of them have anyone down there so they are going to have to rely on each other full time, and we ALL know that in marriage, when that should be the easiest thing to do, we all need a daddy or a mommy or sibling to call on once in a while.
So the next hard thing is that they have to leave their "babies" behind for about a month. Their "babies" are named Rilee and Sabre and are the funnest boxers you will ever know. That is what is really getting to my brother and Holly. Her mom, which I am not bad mouthing at all, is going to move into their house which they are trying to sell if anyone is interested, and I don't know how she is going to do with Rilee and Sabre. They are going to be locked in a kennel all day except when I go and let them out during the day to do their business and then after that I don't know what will happen with them. I just hope that she knows that those 2 are my brothers "babies" and would kill if anything happened to them.
So sappy as this may sound, I am going to miss Dizel and AH. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye ( and I for sure know that they won't read this so I can say what I want), but it is going to be hard for me not to have Randy 11 miles away for me to run to when I need someone. I love you guys and I hope the best for you and I will pray everyday that you will be safe inside that mine. and "I hate goodbyes"... "how bout a hug"



I have to show off their tattoos

This picture is "Amazing" as Holly would say.

2 comments:

The Stephensen's said...

Awww Robyn is a softie! I love it! Dont worry I wont tell....I gonna miss Randy too, he was my first crush I think? Or was that Roger? Hmmmmmm....

Thompson's said...

Hey guys. Thanks for the comment. We missed you at the reunion. Too bad we won't see you this trip. We are headed back to Indiana on the 22nd of July. Good luck with the baby. We have been watching your progress on your blog. We are so excited for you. Love ya, Camille, Erik and McKoy P.S. We are having our second, due in February