Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, January 5, 2009

MY Feelings.

So I am not one to wear my feelings on my sleeves. I bottle them up and let them fester inside of me until I can't take it anymore. Then I get so far down in negative town that it takes a long time to come back around.
This blog is for me to express MY feelings on. I post what I want and I don't really care if it hurts people's feelings. That is what this post is about. If I offend anyone, too bad so sad. Cry me a river. Build a bridge and get over it.
I guess you could say that lately I have been visiting Negative Town quite often. In fact, they made me honorary Downer-Meister. I have been known to have depression for most of my life. It sucks. I even took meds to which they only made it worse. I saw counselors but knew how to fake it and get through them. I can fake my happiness pretty well... I think.
Anyway, I think what I am feeling is still postpartum depression. I love Ashlyn SO SO SO much and she makes me so happy. I could be in the worst of moods and she can flash me a smile and turn my frown upside down. I waited so long for her to arrive and can't see my life without her. I think that the depression is from always sitting at home doing absolutely nothing, all the time. I can't go for a drive with her because I am so afraid that she will quit breathing on me and I won't even know it. I know that I am missing out on so much because of that. But I love Ashlyn and would do anything for her. Even sit and home and do nothing.
Another thing is, that I miss my friends. All of them. When I do get to see some of you, I feel totally out of the loop at the things you say. I have no clue what you are talking about because you are off doing fun things without me. I am not saying this for any pity. I am stating facts of how I feel. I feel like I am in High School again, or hell, even Junior High when it first started. Is there something wrong with me? It makes me feel as though no one wants to be around me because of my negativity. I understand. I had my heart broken TWICE by guys because of my negativity. I am so happy that they both found girls who truly make them happy and that they don't have to deal with all my B.S. At the same time I am so jealous of them because they are happy. I should be that way, but I am not. I don't know why, I can't change it. I am also greatful for these wives to let me continue to talk to their husbands once in a while. They were, at one point, a big part of my life and I still care for their friendship.
So why can't I just make myself happy you ask? I have tried. I doesn't work.
I sit and think about all the "what if's" and "why's" and it gets me know where. Now I don't share this with a lot of people, but I have tried to end my life. Not recently, but I did. Actually quite a few times. I sit and wonder what made me not go through with it and the answer I keep coming up with, and what I told my counselor, is that there must be something that I know would make me happy and I would miss out on it if I completed the task. So far, it's been Ashlyn. I think that I just needed to wait around a little while and find out what it really was.
I know that I have major issues. I don't need any help to figure that out. I just need to figure out for myself what is important in my life. Do I really care that I am left out of a lot of stuff, or is it just Negative Nancy thinking that I am. Do I try to hold on to friendships that don't really seem to be there anymore? Do I just go sit in my bubble and clean it with windex all day?
I think that these feelings come out more around Christmas time because I really don't care for the Holiday. I care for the meaning behind it with Christ and all, but other than that it could just come and go and I wouldn't mind. I don't remember a lot of happy Christmas' growing up. Dad was never really into it and I am a total daddy's girl so maybe that is where I get it from. Who knows.
Well I am calling a town meeting for those in Negative Town so I will end this now. I am not directing any of this stuff to anyone in particular so don't get your panties in a bunch. Or boxers. Or G's. Or whatever you where. If you ask me who I might be talking about, well I ain't gonna say. These are MY feelings. It's a free country and until the 20th I have my freedom of speach. Obama is gonna take away my hand gun, maybe he will take away my freedom of speach too. If that happens I will still carry my handgun and still say what I want. Where I want. How I want. And who I want to say it to. Okay, I will probably just blog about it.
Love you all who truly care for me and my attitude. It's what makes me who I am.

7 comments:

Jade and Dot Nielson said...

Robyn, postpartum depression is SO depressing, isn't it? And it seems so stupid because it comes on the heels of an incredible blessing,so we tell ourselves that if we were just more grateful for what we have then we would feel better. Well, that just isn't the case. It can take a loooong time and a lot of help to get better. Please remember that we all love you and we'll wait out this storm with you, no matter how long it takes. Just know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if you can't see it yet! P.S.- being depressed doesn't mean that you love Ashlyn any less! She knows it and she loves you!!

Bonnie said...

I'm sorry you're so sad and down! I hope things get better soon!!

The Stoker's said...

ROBIN, remember when I used to say that to you in a deep voice sometimes when I'm by myself and I just say that out loud and just laugh. I just wanted to share that with you cause we need to smile about stuiped things every once in awhile, and I can agree with you on some of what you say I also suffer from the big D every since my brother died 4 yrs ago I have to try and force myself out of it cause I refuse to take med's for it. And sometimes the only thing that helps is if I go for a walk or I just sit and cry or call an old friend and talk to them I'm not telling you what to do I just want to let you know what I do I don't know if it will help, but I love ya even though I don't see you a alot I think of you. And I hope everything works out and you find what makes you happy.

Anonymous said...

Robyn
check your email

Shannon

Amateur Steph said...

Robyn, being a mom can be lonely. Wonderful, but lonely-- and lonely is depressing, it doesn't matter how much you love your kid(s).
I'm probably not someone you think of calling, but call me if you ever need to talk. I'm usually sitting at home thinking that I should call someone.

Mande Browning said...

I don't have children. I am not married. I can't imagine what post pardum depression really entails, but this I do know - you're not alone when it comes to...well a lot of what you wrote about. I applaud your bravery for letting it out and opening up. Check my blog for your prize. I'll be delivering it on our girls night out next weekend.

Be there. XOXO (In a non-lesbian way)

Stephanie said...

Hey, Thanks for entering my giveaway, I just wanted to check out your blog and I saw this post.
Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one. Here is a link to a post I did about my struggle with ppd. Hope it helps to know that you are not the only one that isn't perfect, but who is?.

http://thereadfam.blogspot.com/2008/01/2007_03.html

I'm feeling pretty good these days, but really struggled the last 5 months with not feeling like I had any friends to hang with. Nothing has changed, still don't hang much, but my attitude is gratitude this year and I've done a 180. Its all how you look at it.

Also, one of the biggest things that has changed my life was Landmark Education (Aprils hubby introduced me) It is a seminar. i would highly recommend it.it showed me a whole new way to look at life.

I to used to hate christmas, it pretty much sucked when we were kids, but I LOVE it now. There is hope. Have faith