Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Home at last!!!!

So we are home at last, well we have actually been here two weeks but it has taken us that long to get the internet and that long for me not to be quite so bitter at U-Haul. So I will recap the looooong trip north so you can all give us sympathy.
Well we pick up the U-Haul on Friday the 18th and first off the guy tells us that it is an old truck so if we don't want to use it, then call 1-800-go-uhaul and they can get us a new truck. RED FLAG #1! So we leave and have to drive approximately 12 blocks to our house. It is suppose to have 1/4 tank of gas and as soon as Kevin starts driving.... it goes below empty. RED FLAG #2! So we call and they just tell us to go put some more gas in it. Anyway, so then Saturday morning comes around and it is leaking antifreeze... come on now, give us a freakin break. So we get all packed up and get ready to head off. Our caravan pulls out of the driveway at 1:00 p.m. Sweet we wille be home by 6:00 at the latest. So off we go. Me and Kevin in our cars take off ahead of my dad and sister in the truck and her car so that we can say bye to Lorris and Robyn before they hit Cedar, since that was meeting place #1. So we are standing at Lorris and Robyn's house and my dad calls me and tells me that he has no power and is off the side of the road. RED FLAG #3 (He was only 40 miles out of St. George.) So he says that he is going to try it again. So he finally makes it to Cedar which is mile marker 62 where we pulled off. Um by this time... it is almost 3:00. RED FLAG #4! So we hurry and eat some grub so that we can get back on the road. So we take off and only a few miles later we are all off in the emergency lane doing 5 miles an hour!!! What the crap, but hey we did get good gas mileage. So we drive this slow for quite a while until dad feels that he can try the truck again. So off we go..... not for long. We finally made it to mile marker 92 and had absolutely no power what so ever. So Kevin gets on the horn with the tow truck and he is in Page, Arizona! He said that it is going to take him about 2 1/2 hours to reach us. So what where we suppose to do in the meantime?? We are on the side of the road, 17 miles from Beaver with 2 dogs, 4 sugargliders, a pregnant ME, my sister, hubby and my poor dad who had to drive the crappy truck. So me and Raelyn drove to Beaver to use the much needed toilet. We come back to dad and Kevin and just sit and wait. Um, by the way we had left St George 7 hours ago! So the tow truck comes and tells my dad to just gun it and if he starts to break down again that he will just push him into Beaver. So we get to Beaver and he is working on the truck and found that there is water in the fuel filter, so he fixes it and sends us on our way. PHEW! Some relief! So we get all cocky about finally getting the truck to go the speed limit and BAM!!! It breaks down again at mile marker 159.... I have had it!! So we call the two truck and he tells us to just leave it in Meadow and he will haul it to Salt Lake tomorrow. In my mind I am thinking just put a bomb under the truck. I have insurance on it and nothing is that valuable inside. So we finally arrived in Hooper at Midnight, 6 hours after the time that it should have been.
So long story short. When we finally got our truck on MONDAY- there was a big snow storm. The U-Haul got stuck twice in the snow, same with my brother's truck, other brother's jeep and the truck that Kevin had borrowed from his brother-in-law. None of this would have happened had we had a decent truck. So then we try to call U-Haul about getting our money back and no one wants to take the blame. So after talking to someone where we dropped the truck off he reimbursed us $200! That's it! We paid that in gas alone to drive 112 miles. I was so pissed. So U-Haul made $600 off us driving 112 miles in 7 hours and another 40 some odd miles 2 hours after that. So I am going to get Gephardt on channel 2 and see if something can be done about my money because it is bull and now I am mad about the whole situation again.
*OH and the real reason that the truck didn't work, was because of the fuel pump which they had to replace in Salt Lake. MY ADVICE TO ALL OF YOU- DON'T EVER USE U-HAUL.... THEY HAVE LOST MY RESPECT AND MY BUSINESS FOEVER-

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is terrible! I'm so sorry! Thanks for letting us all know so we can learn from this...stupid U-haul!

So when are you due and how are you feeling?

The Stephensen's said...

I HATE when things like that happen! Hey lets make our next visit longer! Tell Kevin I need more time he needs to tan longer!!

DeAnna said...

Hope that Gephard can get you some more money cause that sucks! Welcome back to the Wasatch Front!

Mande Browning said...

You call it U-haul mishaps. I call it U-tah mishaps. While I can't say for certain that it's because of geography...I am going to say that if you want me to kill someone...just let me know.

Kami (tayo) said...

That really bites! If I had known you were using Uhaul I would have warned you! Joe helped to move my brother home from Kentucky a few years ago. Pretty much the same experience! The drive from Kentucky is very long when your vehicle dosen't go over 30 MPH! Glad you guys are HOME! Let's play 6 Nnmitz soon! kami

Mel said...

That sucks, but at least you guys are back! Yay.... That is cool that we are due that close together! I am excited and you will have to keep me posted!!