Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

10 weeks and 20 visits...

So I went to see the doctor last Thursday and he broke the best news to me... I get to now go see him twice a week for the next 10 weeks!! Oh boy, lucky me! It's a good thing that gas is SO cheap so I can afford to drive there!
Anyway, at my appointment he said that with the diabetes it's the wisest thing to do. Don't be alarmed, there isn't anything wrong with the baby it is just for precaution.
Anyway, so the reasons I get to go see him twice a week now is that I am very high risk for pre-eclampsia and toxemia. He says that the warning signs for it are protein in the urine, and since I have had protein in my urine since the beginning of time, it could just sneak up on me. So I get to go have my blood pressure taken twice a week, a non stress test once a week, a 24 hour urine test weekly, blood tests weekly, and ultrasound weekly and then I actually see the doctor every other week. YIPPEE!!! The only thing that would make this better is if he put me on bed rest.
He also told me that he will be taking her the first week in August, I am shooting for 08-08-08.We also decided together that she will be taken by c-section. I am a little nervous about that, but he explained the pro's and con's of both scenarios and I decided that c-section would be the best. I know that with some prayers it will all be good. I have always been told that diabetics almost always have c-sections for the safety of baby and mommy, but now that it is a reality I am getting nervous. 10 weeks is not that far away. I mean just last week it was Christmas morning and I found out I was pregnant!!
Well that is the happenings for this week with the baby. I just sure hope that the greedy oil punks decide that gas needs to keep going higher so that I can REALLY afford to drive to the hospital twice a week!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! I can't believe you're due that soon! Jen (Anderson) is due on 8/8/08. maybe you guys will have babies together! And you're both having girls!

Amateur Steph said...

A short summer away and you'll be wishing for sleep and cuddling your little one! Then you won't care about gas prices, because all you'll want to do is lay in bed. :)

Becky said...

Hey Robyn, good luck with all that! I had all 3 of mine c-section and I had pre-eclampsia with Libbie so I know somewhat what you're going through and trust me you may worry about the c-section, but especially toward the end, you just want her out the healthiest (and fastest) way possible for both of you! Stay in touch and keep well rested!