Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

car accident pics


inside of the truck. if you look close above the driver's seat, you can see a break in the window... that was from Annette's hand. and the "Oh crap" handle on the passenger side dashboard, was completely jammed because that is what Bret was holding on to.



Jackson's aftermath... calls himself "Sloth" off of Goonies

what use to be a Chevy... and the dodge don't look to swell either

So these are some pictures of that accident that Annette and Bret were in. They are all doing better, but Jackson has to go have some more surgery tomorrow. This is what his mom emailed to all of us...
"Jackson has been seen by a wonderful Dr. in Salt Lake who specializes in plastic surgery of the face and especially the eyes. Bret and I have been very impressed with him. Upon review of the CT scans from the hospital in Idaho Falls, he has determined that he will need to reconstruct the bony eye socket around Jack's eye. The first surgery that Jackson received in Idaho Falls would have been sufficient for the small fracture in the part of the socket under the eye, however there is a much bigger fracture in the part of the socket between his right eye and nose. Much of the fatty tissue and muscle that supports the eye has sunk into this fracture and is allowing his eyeball to sink deeper into his face. He is scheduled for surgery on Thursday morning. We will get the exact time from the surgical center on Wednesday afternoon. The Dr. is confident that a titanium plate covered in plastic will allow for proper placement of the eyeball. It is an out-patient surgery that should last about 2 hours. Jack should be able to come home on Thursday night and hopefully be able to get some much-needed quiet rest."

When me and my sister went to see them last week, they were telling us what Jackson had said to Annette and it made me cry, so I thought I would share. He said "Mom, it couldn't have been dad that got hurt because he has to go to work and make money for us, and it couldn't have been you because our house would get to be a big mess, and it couldn't have been Jakey or Jess because they wouldn't have made it... so it just had to be me that got hurt" SNIFF, SNIFF...... he is so grown up at only age 8 and definitely had some angels watching over him.
Anyway, just thought I would share with you all. And PLEASE don't drive while tired. I am not sure how many of you have fallen asleep at the wheel, but it is scary. I did on one of my last trips from St George to Hooper, right before Beaver. I am not sure what woke me, but I did with just enough time to swerve off on the exit. Tiredness can hit you so quick and you don't even realize it.

No comments: