Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Sunday, September 28, 2008

softball party

Amber, Janelle, Jennifer, Tianna, Cathy and Robyn


So16 + years ago, the "New Kids On The Base" was formed. We were just a bunch of little girls that didn't know what we were doing with a bat, ball and a glove on our hand, but dang it we wanted to play some softball!! We all tried different positions to see what we liked. We had fun and all of us girls were good friends.
The next year, we changed our name "Base Buddies" and we were a little better. We lost a few players and added some new ones. We were all still great friends.
Then the next summer, we needed a grown up name. NKOTB and Base Buddies was too kid-like and we wanted to be taken seriously. We were a good team. We had all got to know our parts on the field and were darn good at them. (Me personally, I was the catcher... and I LOVED IT! I was fearless when it came to crouching under the batter and talkin some trash to make them nervous. I also played second base, but catcher was my favorite.) So we form the "MITT MEISTERS". Again, we lost a few players added some new and we kicked everyone's trash. We played against some good teams and some bad teams, and sad to say, when we played the worst team in the league, we were so over confident that we lost. How do I remember this? Because one of my good friends now was on that team and when we were talking about softball, before we told each other what positions we played she said that they hated the catcher on our team.... wa ha ha it was me!! But she doesn't let me live it down that we lost to them. Anyway, I believe that we took second in county every year. We rocked. Our coaches rocked and our families all supported us at every game. We were all still good friends.
Then along comes junior high and high school. People go their separate ways, go to college, have good jobs, get married, move away, have babies, see the world and we all lose touch eventually. Well, I have been thinking alot about the "Meisters" for quite some time and wondered what everyone has been up to. I talked to Cathy since me and her talk quite a bit, and decided that we are just going to plan a day (we started planning last year) and tell everyone and those who can will be there. And those who won't.... catch ya next time.
So last night was the night, we only had 7 of us there and 1 arrive later after 3 others had left and it was so much fun!! We started out the night with a little catching up, then ate some fabulous taco salad, Amber's jalepeno dip with bread and some of Natalie's delicious brownies. (We also got to eat some of Missi's fab pumpkin squares with cream cheese when she arrived later.) Then we sat and talked some more... you figure most of us haven't seen each other since our last shin dig at the Steoger's right after High School. The crazy part is, we all live within 10 minutes of each other! With the exceptions of Janelle is Marriott-Slaterville and Tianna in Provo.
It was such a fun night and I wish I had more pictures but I was too involved in the conversation, i.e: my dinner. And Natalie was missing from the picture because I couldn't figure out my timer on the camera before she left... so sorry Nat. And Missi came late so just picture them in it.
Thanks girls for coming. We need to do it more often and hopefully get the other sluggers to come join us. Next summer we will have to have a "softball" game and see how rusty we all are. If you click on the link to the right, you can see one of the last years pictures that we played. Not everyone is included in that picture and I will have the NKOTB and Base Buddies pictures added as soon as we get into our new house.
NEXT: WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A HOOPER ELEMENTARY 6TH GRADE REUNION!! HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE?? SKATING NIGHT ANYONE??? OR HOW ABOUT OUR "CARD" DANCES???

3 comments:

benandnatty said...

probably better that I wasn't in the pic. I don't want everyone to remember me with my great big belly! I had a lot of fun, thanks for putting it together. I wish I could have stayed longer, it sure was a good time!

Lucky Mama said...

Hey Robyn, Mathews here.
Just writing to let you know that i saw the comments you left on our blog. Sorry i don't get to post that often.. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be taking some leave and we will have to get together maybe have you and your family come down for dinner or we can meet in SLC or maybe even come to O Town. Anyway, how are things with the topic we discussed at the reunion? I hope things are better! Give me or Ari a call. my number is 520-226-5857, and Ari's is 520-226-6206.
Laters, Ashlyn is beautiful...

Thompson's said...

Looks like you are have great fun! hey, what is your email? I would like to invite you to an online book show. Do you have Aunt Gwen and Kimmy's email too?
Thanks

Camille Thompson