Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, September 22, 2008

Mommy questions

Well I actually got this on myspace, but then I saw that our cousin Dot posted one on her blog so I decided to do the same.


1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
Home, Christmas morning @ 5:30 AM in the bathroom

2- Who was with you?
The hubby and our 2 dogs


3- How did you find out that you were pregnant?
crazy story... we decided to surprise our families and came home Friday night and I was nauseated the whole ride up and all weekend but just thought i had the flu (as usual at Christmas for me). Then we went back to St George and on Christmas Eve we were at Costco and something told me to look at my day planner. I did and noticed I was a week late so we bought the 4 pack test (just to be sure). I knew I had to wait for the morning pee (unlike Dot)


4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant?
It was 5:30 am!!! So I was groggy and not in the best of moods. I peed on the stick and as we were waiting I told Kevin it was probably negative as usual and he looked at it and said "oh yeah?" and showed it to me. I was WIDE awake after that and shocked and SO happy!! It was finally some good news since my new car was in the shop because of the stupid "Jackie's" and the fuel center but I won't get into that


5- Your boyfriends/ or Husbands reaction?
Shock!! and pretty happy too.. we totally took pics of the stick.


6- Who was the first person you told?
Since it was 5:30 we sent picture messages out to our ENTIRE family just to see who would respond first.... it was my mom and sister and my mom BAWLED when she talked to me since I was in St G and she was home and I had just seen her over the weekend.

7- Did you plan to get pregnant?
Yeah, we just thought it would take longer than it did. We had only been trying since August 23rd so it was pretty fast.


8- Was everybody happy for you?..
Oh heck yeah! They all knew how hard I had worked to get my health in order so it was a long time coming. But they were also scared because of what it could do to me.


9- Was anybody hating on you?
tough shiz if they were


10- Did you go out and celebrate?
no, it was Christmas Day. But after we had Christmas morning with Kevin's dad and step-mom, we just went home and chilled. But the next day we went out and celebrated by having the blood work done!! ZING!!


11- Did you want to find out the sex?
yes, but I told Kevin from the get go it was a girl

12- What was the sex?
hands down a girl... and we found out at 13 weeks.


13- Did anyone throw you a baby shower?
Yes I had 2 of them


14- If yes, who?..
My ward and my family


15- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't gonna use?
Just a couple from the older people in our ward... she got so many clothes.

16- How much weight did you gain?..
11 pounds



17- Did you loose all of the weight that you gained?..
Yup, I am 7 pounds below!!! And still dropping!! :)


18- Did you get a lot of streach marks?
I have 2 on my boob (TMI I know)

19- What did you crave the most?..
Nothing and I was dissapointed. I want to crave something cool like Crisco and gain lots of weight.

20- Did you crave anything crazy?..
I pretended to crave certain restaurants just so we would go out



21- Who or what got on your nerves the most?
Kevin.... I even asked for a divorce. Poor guy, he will never want me to get pregnant again.

22- Were you married at the time?
yes


23- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Yup.. i had full blown influenza and pneumonia in February and then I was good for a while but in June I started to get real sick and saw my doctor twice a week! And then I had preeclampsia/toxemia and a crap load of protein in my urine. Then I was swollen head to toe... it wasn't pretty

24- Where were you when you went into labor?..
In the OR, they just took her for MY health.



25- Did your water break?
Nope, didn't get to experience that



26- Who drove you to the hospital?
My mom did. My blood pressure was off the charts so my doctor told me to come to the office ASAP. He ended up admitting me right then and there and said I wouldn't be going home without my baby so I knew she had to come soon.

27- What was your due date?
August 26th

28- Did you go early or late?
6 weeks early


29- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth?
My husband, a doctor, anethesiologist, and 2 nurses. I think that was all but I was pretty sick and out of it



30- Was it video taped?
Kevin had a video camera and when they said "get the camera ready dad" the way he brought the camera around I saw my belly.... I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that!!!

31- Did you have any drugs for the pain?
Oh yeah!!!! LOVED THEM!!!! And I had the drip the entire next day and then I was put on the pills and sent home with some too.....


32- Did you go Natural or have a c-section?
C-Section.. best way to go


33- What was your first reaction after giving birth?
Don't really remember. The first memory I really have of that day (and only because it was documented in pictures to help me remember) is I had her at 9:52 am and I finally got to hold and see her 12 hours later because I was so sick. I am still mad about it but what can I do?


34- How big was the baby?
6 lbs 5 ounces 18 1/2 inches


35- Did your boyfriend/ Husband cry?
I don't think so.. and I am sure he wouldn't admit it if he did

36- What did you name the baby?..
Ashlyn Larue, after my grandma

37- Did the baby have any complications?..
Nope, she was perfect! It was a miracle because my doctor told me from day 1 to plan on having her in NICU for 7 - 10 days. She truly was a miracle I don't care what anyone says.

38- How old is the baby today?
2 months yesterday.

39- When is the next one coming?
We get to restart the adoption process when she turns 1 so who knows how soon it will be when we get a child.


40- Are you married now?
yes


41-if you could, would you do it all over again?
Of course... I just don't think I want to be that sick again but we will see!!!

2 comments:

Amateur Steph said...

Hey it's fun to read all the details. She is a miracle!

benandnatty said...

I love hearing all the dirt of the pregnancy, it gets me excited for my delivery! I am sorry I didn't have you on my friends list...on my behalf, I really thought you were on there. What do I know, I'm prego!