Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

update...

So my sister's friend and her family arrived home last night. They are all pretty sore, as expected, but other wise doing ok. We found out a little more detail so I will share.
They were leaving West Yellowstone heading back to their cabin in Island Park and Bret said he was too tired from driving all day so Annette said she would drive. The next thing she knows she wakes up and is the other lane and put up her hand to tell the other truck to stop but it's too late and they smash head on. It mangled Annette's hand and wedding ring, Bret was reclined in the seat and he got cut on his neck and Jackson was behind him and we don't know what he hit his head on, but his eye was pushed back and it injured his cheek and his eyelid was pretty damaged. (he had surgery yesterday morning and when he came out he said he wanted to see his face and called himself Sloth off of Goonies- which he sort of does, just to agree with him) and then Jake and Jess were ok. Anyway, Annette said it felt like she just blinked because she didn't feel tired, but blames herself so much. They said that if they hadn't crashed into a truck, if it had been a car, they all would have died.
Anyway, there was another car accident on that same road earlier in the day where 2 little kids had died so when my sister kept getting phone calls during the night and all day yesterday that is what everyone assumed. It sort of reminded me of when Becky and Katie were in their really bad accident the same night that Nate died and when I found out I was told that Becky and Katie were with Nate... I was SO sick, to think I lost my best friend and another close friend. So I took off to the hospital and when I saw Katie's parents and they set the record straight I just bawled even more. Well that had nothing to do with this story, but that was almost 11 years ago and I still think about it, mainly because Katie was wearing my new shirt and they had to cut it off of her and it had blood on it. Love ya Katie, and I love to bring that up!!

2 comments:

Mande Browning said...

Everyone involved is in my thoughts. Especially Katie. And Nate. Two of my best friends ever. Plus you and your adorable daughter, whom I am still plotting to steal.

Mande Browning said...

Everyone involved is in my thoughts. Especially you and your sister. And Katie. And more especially Nate. All my favorite never-people.