Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

4 months later...

Ashlyn is 4 months old today... time flies when you are in love with your little one. I look at her and I am amazed at how big she is getting, but yet she is still little. We went to the doctor on Monday because she has had some goo coming out of her left eye. Dr. N said that it is a clogged tear duct. Poor little girl, if it's not one problem, it's another (just like her mommy). She also weighed in at 12.1 lbs and will find out her height on Friday when she gets her shots. Anyway, she hasn't acted sick at all so it must not bother her. She is still the happiest girl ever. Another accomplishment is that is has almost been 2 months since her last "episode". She had it at Laurie's wedding shower on September 26th... prayers have truly been answered.
Some highlights of the last 4 months are:
#1: She responds so well to voices. She just smiles. She especially knows her "PA" (my dad) and just glows when he talks to her, it is too cute.
#2: She laughs. It is so dang cute to hear her laugh.
#3: She talks so much. When she wakes up in the night, or in the morning she just sits and talks like "Mommy get me outta here, I am HUNGRY"
#4: She is always moving. When she has her tubbies she is wild. It takes everything my mom has to hold her. (I can't bath her yet, which makes me sad, but my hands are so weak that I am afraid I will drop her)... at least I have got some on video
#5: She has started with a tooth. It hasn't broken through at all, but you can feel the little lump in the right side of her mouth. It is so exciting.
#6: She still don't have a bald spot! HALLELUJAH!!!! Thanks to my sister's thinking, we made these little things that go under her head wherever she lays and they totally work! Thanks SIS!
#7: She loves the color RED! She truly was meant to be named after her Grandma Don-Don who LOVES red. She will find something red and just stare at it for hours. It is too cute.
#8: She can sit on her own for 5-6 seconds. It is so fun to watch her.
#9: She absolutely HATES tummy time. Dr. N said to have her on her tummy for at least 15 minutes a day. She lasts, at most 5 minutes and then she wails.
#10: She recognizes Jesus' face. It is so sweet to see the peaceful look she has on her face when she finds his picture and then she gets the biggest smile on her face.
#11: She is such a happy baby. The only time that she cries is if I don't get her bottle to her fast enough. And she starts to fuss when she gets out of the tub. She loves her tubbies.

Ash- we love you so much. We are so proud to be your parents.


ENJOY some CUTE pics!





8 comments:

Mel said...

So cute!!! The time goes way too fast! My baby girl is 10... makes me sick to my stomach!! Enjoy every second!:)

benandnatty said...

I absolutely love her smile!! She is such a cutie! My kids never liked tummy time either and they still managed to rollover, crawl, walk, etc...

t said...

You are going to have a very beautiful little girl Robyn. Have you looked in to getting one of those little seat things that go in the bathtub? They have ones that lay down and the sitting ones also. Then you don't really have to hold her, someone could put her in and take her out for you.

The Stoker's said...

Robin she is so dang cute, and time does fly Cambry is six weeks old today and I can't belive it.

The Stoker's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kris Urie said...

She is soo cute!!

I would watch the ear thing though. My son Cody did the same thing, just one day he had green stuff coming out of his hear and it turned into an ear infection, over the last five years he has had 3 sets of tubes put in. He had a very high pain tolerance and never cried. And every time a set of tubes would fall out he would start with more infections and finally this last set that they put in about 2yrs ago has stayed. YEAH! Just a warning keep your eye on the green stuff and clogged ducts.

Kris Urie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MINDY and JARIN said...

She is so cute. I hear ya on the tummy time. My guy had a flat head for awhile (all is well and rounded now!) I wish I would have looked at your blog earlier that class sounded very good.