Countdown...


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Family Home Evening @ Energy Solutions Arena

Family Home Evening: METALLICA CONCERT!! I could do more FHM's if they are like that.

This blog was suppose to be titled "My ode to Mike", but FHM is funnier to me.
So yesterday I am watching Cher on ELLEN and I was really into it, when the house phone rang around 4:30 and I knocked it off the night stand. I was holding Ashlyn who was sleeping so I couldn't get down on the floor to find it. Next thing I heard someone talking on the answering machine, but just thought that it was those stupid phone calls saying "please vote for mister panzy" (Rob Bishop) So a few minutes later I come down into the kitchen and look at the caller I.D. on the kitchen phone and it said Michael Mathews... I thought what the heck? So then I push the button to listen to the message and it says "This is Michael Mathews... yada yada yada... and I have some tickets for Robyn and Kevin to the METALLICA concert if they can get a babysitter." The message was alot longer than that but you get the picture. I would have loved to have seen the look on my face at that moment. I hollered up to Raelyn to ask if she could watch Ashlyn and she bust down the stairs thinking that something was wrong. I am trying to spit out the words that I just heard but I was SO EXCITED!! I finally got out the words "METALLICA concert" and she said that she hated me. Anyway, so I call Mike back and he said that the ARMY had some free tickets and he had 14 of them. I told him definitely that I would go... DREAM COME TRUE!!! So the thoughts in my head are #1: I have no time to get ready, #2: I can FINALLY meet ARI, even though it is at a concert where we couldn't talk and get to know each other, and #3: Is this a dream? So as I come back to reality while talking to Mike he said that his wife wasn't going to be going, so I was sad... but only for a few minutes. Sorry Ari, I was going to METALLICA and couldn't be sad for too long. He said that he would be at Crown Burger at 6:00 and that we can get free parking if we eat there. Let me remind you, it is after 4:30 and I hadn't even showered for the day and Kevin was at work. Anyway so I call Kevin and tell him to drive like the wind to get home because we are going to METALLICA! He didn't really believe it either. So I hurry and jump in the shower, Kevin gets home just before 5:00 and we were on the road at 5:35. No one better ever tell me that I take too long to get ready, and I looked amazing in the end. So we arrive at Crown Burger and meet Mike and his group of guys that he brought and we get the tickets, eat and book it over to E.S.A. because I wanted a shirt. So we stand in line and get our shirts and then off to find our seats. We weren't sitting next to anyone that we knew so after the second act we went and found Mike and crew and sat with them. It was the BEST concert ever... next to Garth Brooks. He is still my favorite. My favorite part of the entire night was "Nothing Else Matters" and "Enter Sandman". I was really wishing that they would have played The Unforgiven or Unforgiven 2 but since I didn't have a say... They played for 2 hours... excuse me, 2 AMAZING hours. I was so glad that it was in the round because no one had a bad seat. And thanks to the zoom on my camera, it looks as if we are sitting pretty close.
Anyway, the night was awesome. I will never forget it. And I owe Mike BIG time. I am so glad that we have stayed friends all these years. Ari, I told Mike that we have to meet in SLC some night and dinner is on us. So there, now it is in writing and I can't back out. Anyway, thanks again Mike... and the ARMY!! We truly enjoyed ourselves, even being as sick as I was when it started, and I am paying for it more today.
Mike, if you EVER get FREE tickets to PINK or ROB ZOMBIE... I better be FIRST ON YOUR LIST!!! But I want good tickets to those, so see what the ARMY can do!!! wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

ENJOY THE PICTURES!!!














Kevin, Me & Mike

















1 comment:

Stacy and Jared said...

you seriously SUCK I have always wanted to go to a metallica concert. Metallica and Aerosmith, someday it will happen